- They need to know! October 22, 2008
Our Secret Weapon
We have built a fantastic tool for you to spread the word about how unfair and wrong Prop 8 is.
Email everyone you know and care about and get them to help us defeat Prop 8.
It is easy. ...
- 8 Ways to Defeat Proposition 8! October 17, 2008
Here are 8 simple things that you could do to help us Defeat Proposition 8!
1. ORGANIZE a house party and invite your friends. House parties are critical for supporting the campaign’s strategy to win, as they raise money, recruit ...
- Double your impact — New $1 million match! October 16, 2008
Double your gift. Donate before midnight on Sunday.
Read. Act. Forward.
Philanthropist Steve Bing and Equality California believe we can win if we can meet our goal to flood the airwaves with our message
They are so ...
- Thank you – We did it! October 13, 2008
Dear Supporters and Members,
Thank you to all the organizations and their members who came out to join our Truth Squad in Chinatown yesterday.
Four years ago, anti-gay extremists mobilized scores of conservative Chinese Christians to the streets in San ...
- Our New Ad Fights Back! October 9, 2008
Our New Ad Refutes Their Lies
The opposition has raised over $25 million to “swiftboat” and smear us with television ads that tell lies — that we are attacking children and churches.
That is why we’ve ...
- CRITICAL: Two polls show we’re losing October 8, 2008
What is your equality worth to you?
The fight for civil rights is never easy. Throughout history, every successful civil rights movement was built on the sacrifice of men and women who believed so passionately ...
- Discrimination September 19, 2008
View more videos at API Equality’s YouTube Channel
- Save the Date – Watch “Tongzhi in Love” and Support API Equality September 13, 2008
Please join API Equality and CAA on September 22nd for a special screening of “Tongzhi In Love”, the new documentary by Academy Award Winner Ruby Yang. Come mix and mingle with staff and supporters at the El ...
- Join the 888 Campaign to defeat Prop 8! August 19, 2008
In less than 35 days, 12 million Californians will go to the polls to elect a new President and weigh in on Proposition 8 – the ballot measure that would eliminate the right to marry for same-sex couples.
A number ...
- Moms Across California Say NO To Prop 8 August 19, 2008
- API Equality’s New Director August 1, 2008
I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new Director of API Equality and provide an update of our activities. I have engaged in this work in communities as far ranging as Boston and Cincinnati to ...
- Vow To Vote No June 5, 2008
The moment has arrived. The battle is on.
Yesterday, California Secretary of State Debra Bowen announced that the effort to pass a constitutional initiative to ban marriage for same sex couples in California has qualified for the November ballot.
The measure ...
- Lesbian and Gay Couples Win Freedom to Marry in California! May 19, 2008
On May 15, 2008, the California Supreme Court ruled in a historic 4-3 decision that lesbian and gay couples deserve the freedom to marry under state law. API Equality and its coalitions of supporters are thrilled by this momentous decision, ...
- VICTORY! May 15, 2008
It is the moment we’ve been waiting for. Loving, committed lesbian and gay couples can legally marry in California.
Today, the California Supreme Court in a 4-3 decision struck down the state’s discriminatory marriage laws banning marriage for same-sex couples. ...
- The California Ruling Comes Out On Marriage. What Do You Do? May 12, 2008
The clock is ticking down on the California Supreme Court’s ruling on whether same-sex couples can marry. The Court heard oral arguments on March 4 of this year and can issue a decision between now and June 2. ...
- Help Stop the Constitutional Initiative! March 28, 2008
This is it. We need you to act now. No more dress rehearsals.
With just a few weeks left to qualify, well-funded anti-LGBT organizations are paying people to gather signatures to put a constitutional initiative on the November 2008 ballot that ...
- Oral arguments set for March 4 February 26, 2008
The California Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the Marriage Cases on Tuesday, March 4, from 9 a.m. to noon. Community members can check out a live web and broadcast of the arguments on the California Channel. A ruling ...
- API Equality Partners with SFSU’s Family Acceptance Project February 15, 2008
API Equality is pleased to announce its partnership with the Family Acceptance Project (FAP) at San Francisco State University to develop tools and resources for API families to learn how to love and accept their LGBT children.
To start, API ...
- Troubling developments January 30, 2008
The anti-LGBT folks are at it again! They’ve recently hired signature collectors to circulate a petition that would ban marriage equality in California‘s state constitution. Although they’ve threatened to place an anti-marriage equality measure on the ballot for years now, ...
- New website! January 24, 2008
API Equality has a new website, and we couldn’t be happier. The process has been a year in the making, and we’re glad it’s done (well, almost done). There are still a few things that need to be worked out, ...