Apply to POP: People Over Pride Training Camp!
POP: People Over Pride is a national training camp for LGBTQ API youth. A partnership between APIENC and the National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (NQAPIA), POP is an opportunity for young LGBTQ API leaders and activists from around the country. Our goal is to create space for LGBTQ API youth activists to build relationships, deepen their politicization through learning about history, become trained in values-based hard organizing skills, and directly apply their training in support of initiatives that serve to further immigrant rights, racial justice, and LGBTQ API organizing efforts at the camp and beyond!
- Create a sense of community for LGBTQ API youth from around the nation
- Explore our personal stories, our community histories, and the current experiences of LGBTQ API people
- Ground ourselves in queer liberation and values of social justice
- Deepen community organizing skills, including building 1-1 relationships and practicing direct action
- Build relationships with LGBTQ API activists and organizers of many ages, to create an intergenerational movement
- Location: San Francisco/Bay Area, California
- Dates: Thursday, July 20 to Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Travel for participants outside of the Bay Area will be covered
- Meals included
- Open to ages 14-20
Applying to the Camp
APIENC and NQAPIA are hoping to ensure that there is diverse representation from around the country. If you are interested in applying for POP, please fill out this RSVP form by May 26th, 11:59PM PST. Participants will be notified in two weeks.
Any other questions? Please email Sammie at email@example.com.