August 15, 2014 – Intern Showcase
API Equality – Northern California builds LGBTQ API power to amplify our voices and increase visibility of our communities. We inspire and train leaders, establish intergenerational connections, and document and disseminate our histories. For the past 5 years, we have been running a summer internship program. Our interns have been meeting community members, attending workshops and skills trainings, doing cross-organization exchanges, and so much more. Sadly, their time with us is coming to an end, so we invite you to join us in celebrating the 2014 Summer Internship class!
You’ll get to experience the personal projects that each intern has been individually compiling for the last couple of months, including a food dance performance piece, an open source handbook on building a collegiate queer and Asian space, and a zine on being queer and mixed race. Spend the night with our interns Bryan, Total, and Patricia with community and celebration as they take what they’ve learned back with them.
Get excited for Caroline Calderon and more performers to come!
When: Friday, August 15th, 5:30 – 8PM
Where: 17 Walter U Lum Place San Francisco 94108
Suggested donation: $10-$20 sliding scale
No one turned away for lack of funds.
RSVP Here: http://tinyurl.com/
How to get here
1) 10-15 min walk from the Montgomery MUNI/BART (there is a hill)
2) We are close to the 1 (Clay & Grant) and the 8X (Kearny and Clay)
3) If you are driving, you can park in Portsmouth Square Garage for $3/hr
4) Email email@example.com if you need help arranging a carpool.
* The space is wheelchair accessible
* There are two accessible gender neutral bathrooms
* In order for community members with chemical illness to attend, we urge you to refrain
from the following before and during the event:
– Smoking (if you must, either use e-cigs or changing clothes, washing your hands, and rinsing your mouth after smoking, and warning people you talk to so they can make informed decisions)
– Wearing cologne/perfume/scented oils
– Using chemical based laundry detergents or fabric softeners. So you can pick out your outfit now, wash it with chemical free detergent, and set it aside!
For more information, check this out! http://